National Archives Photo
May 13, 2013: German wool uniforms restocked.
May 8, 2013: Black medic pouches, MP40 pouches, and gamaschen restocked.
April 28, 2013: All kinds of junk came in or got listed. Heer, SS and US visor caps, Nazi flags, restified FJ helmets, random original stuff...
April 18, 2013: USMC knapsacks listed. Added various original items, US and German.
April, 15, 2013: Restocked most sizes of original German helmets. Yes, they cost more than the Shanghai Specials....
April 9, 2013: Repro US canteens, MP Brassards, various rank chevrons, SSI, German shoulderboards and sleeve insignia restocked.
April 3, 2013: The main shipment of Tankers, Mackinaws, Arctic '41's, and HBT caps arrived. Renamed the US HBT's simply "light shade" and "dark shade" due to continuing seizures on the part of the Call of Duty generation. The concept that model numbers and manufacture dates don't need to correspond on spec labels is apparently beyond their powers of comprehension.
April 2, 2013: Added Japanese breadbags and bayonet frogs, an odd Texled tunic and parachute first aid packets made with original fabric. Posted "how German tunics were sized" to end the LB myth that all tunics were made for midgets.
March 28, 2013: Changed sale page items. Posted "how plane tree camo works" for anyone who cares. Now you can see why the Chinese smocks with the numbers all over the tits are totally gay...not that there's anything wrong with that anymore.
I should have known better than to update the USMC uniform page. Yes, most guys who re-live jarhead are fine, but it also attracts some complete knuckleheads- probably as high a percentage as Allgemeine SS stuff did. I should have said nothing until it came in and simply ambushed everyone. Lesson learned.
So, in plain, first grade English (which I fear will still be too taxing for some) here's the one and only deal:
1. Yes, we will get more Marine uniforms in later this year.
2. When Mister when??? I only ordered them this week (14 May). It requires at least 6 weeks to have the fabric made, 6 weeks to sew the uniforms, and 6 weeks to get them to us. Plus a few more for Murphy's law. (Look it up if that's confusing.)
3. Best case scenario, they will get here in October. What day??? I'll pull it out of Gina's show so let's say October 8th at 14:10 hours. Am I really, really sure? Hell no. I just made the date up for the window lickers.
4. No, there is no way in hell they will be here by June. Or July. Or August. Yes, I'm totally effing certain.
5. Yes, they will be made in China. The Marine Corps (the real one, not the Call of Duty club) checked out our contractor and their products and approved them- and ordered some. If we made the uniforms in the USA they would cost $200 per set and you don't want to have to pay double now do you?
6. What are we making? P41's (the green utilities), P42 Camouflage uniforms ("frog skins" for you high-speed lingo geeks) , P44 caps and "piss cutters" (green garrison caps). No P44 uniforms of either type, no greens, dress blues nor khakis. Just the ones I listed.
7. Boondockers? Possibly. Not sure yet.
8. Can I get last year's closeout price? Um. No.
9. Will you really remember to list them on the site when they arrive? Who knows. It depends on how much I had to drink the night before...and maybe I just want to keep them for myself...spread them all over the warehouse floor and roll around on them naked.
10. Do you have some now that you aren't telling us about? Does your mother wear a jock strap?
11. Can you send me a picture of what they will look like? Well, since they don't exist, that question is as dumb as the last one so....jockstrap yes or no?
12. People can't really be this ridiculous. Did the last Pope quit?
As for what's going on at ATF.
We got around to painting helmets. The paint oven holds aout 50 at a time.
Yes, these are original German shells. Go ahead, be a douchbag and send us emails blubbering about all of the honor pictured here.
We got our license from the Marine Corps. Ordered P41's and P42's today. It's unlikely anything will arrive until Fall though- it takes awhile to get the fabric made, uniforms sewn & shipped.
DAK and Luftwaffe tropical uniforms (yes, originals) are at the contractor with grade rules, etc, etc.. Hopefully these will come to pass later this year.
German wool stuff...nothing definite yet. We are going to try using our contractor that does the US uniforms. It'll be months until anything is finished though.
Texleds will be made again. For the time being only enlisted uniforms- no estimate on officer stuff. The wait time will be 1-3 months- we won't charge your card until we go to order the pattern or cut the uniform. Tunics will start at $795 and trousers $495. We still cannot do "Zeppelin sizes." 50 chest and 44 waist are about as far as we can go. That said, we will finally try to expand what we can do into greatcoats, HBT's, and "field made" tunics.
Here's the latest new and restocked items:
(Click on the pictures for a full product description)