The P42 Camouflage Uniform was introduced in 1943 to replace the ill-conceived one piece camouflage coveralls. The P42 uniform is completely reversible from green to brown colors, and is made from herringbone twill cotton, and closed with press fasteners. The jacket and trousers each have two pockets on each side. Like the green Utility uniforms, P42's were only made in chest and waist sizes- there were no "longs" or "shorts". During the 1943 campaigns in Bougainville, New Georgia and Tarawa, the camouflage was found to be less effective than anticipated and it gradually fell out of favor and most Marines went back to wearing their green uniforms for the remainder of the War.Licensed by the United States Marine Corps.